Below is the list of rp channels used by the Gaia rpg, as well as what their uses are. The purpose of having multiple channels like this is so if there are multiple rps going on at the same time, they aren't all bogging down in a single channel and confusing people.
List of Channels
- #Gaia_OOC - The primary Out Of Character channel for the game. For all normal, random talking and questions concerning the game.
- #Gaia_Inn - Considered the 'main' channel of the game, this is the rp channel that takes place in The Roses's Thorn, which is the games main Inn. It is considered the 'main' channel because it is the easiest place to interact with other characters.
- #Gaia_City - The game channel that takes place in the city. This allows for rps out in the streets of the main city, Midgar, as well as the shops and homes. Also the docks, clubs, and anything else that is within the walls of the city.
- #Gaia_Wilderness - The game channel that involves the rp that takes place outside of the city walls. This is primarily the wilderness (including the forests, caves, lakes and any other natural places) that are outside the city.
- #Gaia_Private and #Gaia_Private2 - These channels are for those times when something happens in private, where either you don't want anyone butting in, or when no one would be -able- to butt in. This rp could be in locked rooms, in private homes, or anywhere else. Note: No lurking in these channels. Once you finish your scene/play, please leave the channel.
- #Gaia_Quest and #Gaia_Quest_OOC - These are the channels used for questing in the Gaia RPG. All In-Character activities will be done in the Quest channel, and all Out-Of-Character talk and chatter will be done in the Quest_OOC channel.
- #Gaia_Ops - This is the channel where the Ops of Gaia can discuss ideas, both for the story, mechanics, issues with players, etc. without interruption. It is also a room where, if there is problem with a player, they can be invited in and talked to in a closed setting. IF you have a question that only an OP can answer (ie about a rule that isn't listed, an obscure mechanics question, or anything at all) you can pop in, and ask it. And if no OP is currently alive to answer, you will be pmed later. But no one is allowed to idle in that channel unless you are an OP of Gaia.
Sparklebot is the game bot for the channel. Below are the commands used for it. They must be whispered to the bot. You don't want other people knowing your password!
- !Create Charname Password - This creates a login for the character. The password and username are case sensitive, and must not contain symbols or spaces.
- !Login CharaName Password - This will log you into the bot so you can start earning XP.
- !logout CharaName - This will log you out of the bot.
- !AP PlayerName — This will tell you how much AP you have.
- !ListAP PlayerName - This will give you a list of what you have acquired AP from, and what you have spent it on.
- !Help - This will show you all the current commands that you can use with Sparklebot.
The dice script used in the bot is relatively simple. Below is an example of what you do to roll the dice.
Example: roll 1d20+15 attack!
You don't put anything in front of the word 'roll'. And the bot is simple enough that it will do anything up to a d100, and you can add to it or subtract. But only a single total. So have all of your math added up for when you do the addition. It also allows for a bit of text following the roll, so you can type what what it is your making the roll for.
You can also do multiple rolls, such as: roll 1d20+5 1d3+1 1d9+18
Just ensure you put a space between each roll.
Simple yes? :)