- This is a game, and is meant to be fun. So relax, kick back, and try to have fun!
- There is no problem with idling as long as you are new, have a character, or in the process of making a character. Sitting in the channel for weeks on end without roleplaying is not okay.
- Before pming anyone, please ensure that person is ok with you pming them. If an op receives a complaint from unwelcome pming, then punishment will be given out. Common sense and respect go along way. The only exemption from this are the Ops, who can pmed by anyone and can pm anyone, as part of their Oply duties.
- PMs to OPs should be game related, if they are not, permission is still required and vice versa.
- There is no reason to PM someone about IC actions unless your characters have reached the point where it becomes relevant or requires consent. Please view the consent rules page to find out what requires consent
- If someone asks how their RP is, you may offer them constructive feedback. For example, if someone asks you if they are posting okay, then you may, but if you see someone posting one word, one sentence, or even seven paragraphs… It is not okay to point out that they are either lacking or going overboard. People have different styles of playing. Not everyone will do so in the same manner.
- RP Intent of Gaia <-— read before rping.
- This is an Adult-Themed rp game. Means there will be scenes of sex, rape, and other pervy/naughty activities.
- Everyone within the channel is an adult, and should be able to communicate with each other in an adult fashion. Because of a large amount of snide/backhanded/smartass comments that are floating around, we are implementing a '3 strikes and your out' rule. If an op sees you saying anything that might be disrespectful, you will be warned. It is understood that people banter playfully, but if there is something that is -obviously- beyond playful banter, then the op will talk to you about it and warn you. You will be given the chance to fix your behavior before any real actions are taken. If this happens 3 times within a certain span of time, the third time will result in a kick from the channel, as the 'last chance' moment. If it continues to be a problem after that, you will begin to lose xp from your highest level character. If it STILL remains to be a problem, you run the risk of being temporarily (or permanently) banned from the channel.
- Realize that while not every rule is in use, this site is the final say on the game rules. If its not here, and you desire it, you can ask to see if it will be allowed. If you are told no, thats it. But if its not too overpowering, and could add more flavor to the game, there's a good chance it could be added. Never hurts to ask.
- On a side note - Do not alter any page on the website if it is not your character page. If you find a mistake, or wish to make a description better, get permission from an op before editing any page, unless it's a typo.
- Remember that this is a game, and that above all, we hope that you are able to enjoy yourself and that you treat others with the same respect you yourself would wish. Have Fun!
- Stats are on a point buy system. All start at 8, with 28 points to buy at a 1:1 ratio. 18 is max stat limit, before racial modifiers are added.
- We do not use the Favored Class Rules from Pathfinder. That means no extra 1 skillpoint or 1 hp each level for favored class selection. Sorry.
- Hit Points are maximized, +/- constitution score. This gives characters full hp. (so DMs can beat on you more :P)
- Skills - A roll of natural 1 subtracts 10 from the roll, a roll of natural 20 adds 10 to the roll. There is no automatic fail or automatic success.
- Current Max Level Cap is 20.
- At level 15, characters have a chance to do a personal quest for a personal minor artifact. Something to add flavor to the character. Relic Information
- Multiclassing is done slightly different. There is no loss of xp for multiclassing, but there is a limit of 4 classes by level 20. So you could have 2 basic classes, plus 2 prestige… or 1 basic, and 3 prestige… or any combination, so long as you do not exceed the 4. However, once you hit above level 20, there is no limit to the number of classes.
- Any Prestige class started must be taken to the nearest division of 5…. so if you only want 3 levels in it, you have to go to 5 levels before you can choose a new PRC… but if you want 7 levels in it, you have to finish the whole Prestige class before another can be taken… ie Prestige classes are taken in intervals of 5.
- AP - Award Points. These are points that can be earned by throwing quests, submitting stories, helping build up the site, the game world, or just being overall helpful. AP can be used to buy things such as higher lvl starting characters, feats, gold, or other things.
- Character Death - You must attain permission from a characters player to kill them. The only exception to this is Evil characters. Because of the dangers of being Evil, you do not need permission to kill one of these characters. However, you -must- have legitimate IC reason to want the character dead. You cannot just want to kill them because you know OOC that their evil, and want their stuff. If the player of an evil character feels they were targeted for no obvious reason, they can talk to a DM about the result of the encounter.
- ECL Characters - When a character is made that has an ECL because of race, when they go about making their character, they start with the gold of a character of their ECL level. Example: A race has an ECL +4, and the player makes it a level 1 fighter. The character is ECL 5, and thus begins with the wealth of a level 5 character.
- The character you are RPing must be the character that you log in as. This is to ensure that characters are leveling up instead of each player having one high leveled character and a bunch of level 1 characters that just sit there.
- Normal Quest - Quests that are run regularly and can range over many different areas of the world, for different reasons. Result in experience, gold, magic items. These have level restrictions.
- Relic Quest - Special Quest run when a character reaches level 15 (sometimes later) that gives them the opportunity to gain a special item unique to the individual character. This is a solo quest run per character who must be level 15 or over.
- Encounter - A random little encounter, usually run in one of the normal main channels. These do not garner exprience, gold, or items. But they are usually run by people to give the world activity, as well as give players ways to interact with npcs and parts of the world, without having to actually worry about dying or quest rules. There are no level restrictions, and may be run for a solo character, or multiple characters.
- Event - These are special events, similar to quests. They are usually game world effecting, or can sometimes be something unique run because of the holidays (ie a Christmas Quest, Holloween Ball, etc). Sometimes these gain experience, are just for fun, or may result in unique items (Like a raffle to win a christmas hat that allows summoning of a flying reindeer 1x a day). These usually do not have level restrictions, though items gained in these are usually randomly won (like a lottery) or in contests. Sometimes these items are used for furthering rp (such as a character wins a gem that later possesses them and tries to destroy the world) so be cautious.
page revision: 5, last edited: 29 Aug 2012 02:09