To begin playing, a basic knowledge of DnD is required. Knowledge of 3.5 is even more helpful, even though this is a Pathfinder game. To help learn the rules, please go to here for the PRD. Keep in mind, a few things may differ between the two to better suit the idea the game creator had in mind.
Before you begin: In order to make pages on this wiki you must be a member of it. If you have a wiki account, simply go to join and hit apply. If you do not have a wiki account you will have to signup -then- apply for membership to Gaia.
Begin creating a character by copying the Profile Template to a blank notepad document or copy and paste the code into a new wiki page, link found above.
- Pick a Race: Some races require AP to play.
- Pick a Class: Don't forget to look at Prestige Classes to add a little flavor to your character once they reach higher levels.
- Choose your alignment: There are no limitations on alignment. To play an evil aligned character, the completed optional survey is required for character creation completion. Warning: Evil characters have inherit dangers involved with them, please make sure you are fully aware of what alignment you want before you choose. The only exception being vampires, liches, and half-fiends, which require the completed optional survey for any non-evil alignment.
- Spend your stat points: You begin with 28 points to distribute among strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. All points are used at a 1:1 ratio. All stats begin at 8. The maximum in a stat is 18 (before racial mod), and the minimum in a stat is 6 (after racial mod).
- Spend your skill points: Skill points are spent on a 1:1 ration, even for cross class skills. However, if you spend 1 point in in a class skill, you get a +3 bonus which only applies to the 1st skill point spent in that skill. For example: You have a class skill of perception, spend 1 point in it, you get a +3 bonus. When your character reaches 2nd level, you add another point to perception. This time you do not get a bonus, making your perception total +5 w/o stat modifiers. You can find out how many skill points you have on your class page. Also, make sure that you add any additional class/race skill points to your template.
- Choose your feats: Remember anti-heros gain 1 feat at level 1 and at level 10 in place of hero points. This is a good time to choose if you are going to go anti-hero or hero. Each character starts with 1 hero point.
- Add your hit points: Characters in Gaia always have max hit points for their level. However, if you have a -constitution score, please subtract your constitution modifier from your hit points. For example, a bard has d8 each level, but the character has a -2 con. The HP for each level would be 6 instead of 8. On the flip side, if you have a + con score, add that to your HP. For example, your character has +2 con, making it 10 HP per level instead of 8.
- Spend your gold: Each character starts with 300 gold. You can use it to buy equipment, armor, weapons, etc. Or you can save it for later.
- Add pictures, history, and description: This helps people know what they are looking at when they rp with you, as well as give a little insight into what kind of character you are playing. If you have difficulty with these, please feel free to contact an Op for help. Finding a picture to upload may also help with character description, so please keep that in mind.
- Optional Survey: This is not required, exceptions stated above, but it does award up to 4 AP, and helps the DMs know more about your character. Make sure to add the OPTIONALSURVEY tag if you want AP for it.
- Tags: Please tag your page with race, class, alignment, hero/antihero, and the player name. Example: human rogue chaotic good cg BlazenSkye
- Add your character to the pending characters list