The purpose of this survey is to help players think more deeply about the characters they play. It is in no way mandatory (except in the case of evil aligned PCs), but is simply a tool which is meant to help players get deeper into their characters. It is also a tool that will help quest runners, as well as DMs, making more personalized encounters and quests for the character, such as things that would help them along to their ultimate goal.
You don't have to answer all the questions, though the percentage completed will decide the AP total you earn from it. It is -strongly- suggested that the survey be completed in its entirety for evil characters.
When you answer the survey, you can answer each question individually, either with a sentence or a paragraph…. or you can fill them all out in a paragraph at the bottom of the page, either just describing, or spoken from the perspective of the character.
I suggest you copy the code, and not just the text to increase legibility (Making the titles more distinct from the rest)
Once you are finished filling out the survey, and have added it to your character page, please add the OPTIONALSURVEY tag to it. This will make it easier to award AP.
AP is awarded for the character that has the survey, not to the player. What this means is that you can use up to 4 AP to pay for extra gold, feats, experience, skills, rework, etc, but if you do not have enough AP to pay for it, the extra will be taken from the players pool. Example. Player A wants to buy an extra feat for a character that has a survey. The 4 AP can be taken from that character, and an additional 16 AP taken from the Player, totaling the 20 AP needed to pay for it. This does not change how Player AP works, that can still be spent on whatever character you would like.
Example on the Survey tab of Katja Austèja
Questions can be answered in either the first, or the third person (Or any)
1. What is your character's birth name?
2. What name/identity does your character currently go by?
3. Does your character have a known alias or nickname?
4. How did he/she get it?
5. Does your character have any distinguishing birthmarks?
6. How old is your character? How old do they look? (some races age differently)
7. What is his/her race? Are they pure-blooded, or of mixed ancestry?
8. How does your character dress most of the time?
9. What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have?
10. What is your characters best physical feature, and why?
Personality? Personality quirks?
11. What is your character's most prized mundane possession?
12. Why does s/he value it so much?
13. Is your character easily provoked to violence?
14. Does s/he tend to think a lot before acting, or act on impulses?
15. What is your characters best feature of their personality, and why?
16. What one thing does your character hate the most in the world?
17. What does your character find the most beauty in (act, item, people, etc)? Why?
18. What quality does the character most hate about himself? Why?
19. What quality most attracts your character in other people (physical, mental, moral)?
20. What habits/qualities does your character find most annoying in other people?
Family, Friends, Enemies:
21. Who was your Father, and what was he like?
22. Who was your Mother, and what was she like?
23. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
24. Does your character have any siblings? What are their names? What were they like?
25. When's the last time you saw any of your family members?
26. Who was your character's best friend when s/he was growing up? Was it a person, pet, doll?
27. What is your character's fondest childhood memory?
28. What is your character's worst childhood memory?
29. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your characters view of authority, and what event most affected it?
30. Who was your idol growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life (either wishing you were like, sexually, etc)?
How you spend time questions:
31. Does your character have a profession outside of adventuring? Does the character like it? How did they start?
32. What hobbies does your character have? How do they pass their time during their free time?
33. What time of day does your character most enjoy, and enjoys being active during? Why?
34. What activities does your character find most relaxing? (not stress relief, but actually calms them)
35. What kind of food and drink does your character normally eat? What kind of food and drink do they eat when they 'indulge'?
Sex Questions (You can skip any if you want, or the whole section)
36. Would your character consider him/herself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
37. What most attracts them to their gender of choice?
38. What kinds of kinks/activities does your character most enjoy?
39. What are your characters hardest limits (things they'd never do/partake in)?
40. What is your characters deepest, darkest fantasy?
41. What is your characters view on slavery?
42. What one act in your characters past are they most ashamed of? What one act are they most proud of?
43. What do they feel most strongly about?
44. What trait does your character find most admirable, and how often do they find it?
45. What views does your character have on religion? What religion, if any, does your character call their own?
46. What do you think is wrong with most people, overall?
47. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
48. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
49. What does your character believe is the worst thing that can be done to another person?
50. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure (does the ends justify the means)? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
51. What is your characters view on magic in general? What are their view on magic users? (remember, a magic user is kind of rare in the world)
52. What is your characters greatest short-term goal? What is their greatest long-term goal?
53. What one thing (person, creature, item, act, etc) most frightens your character? Why?
54. How does your character feel about tech? (please read the 'History' portion in World Information)
55. Does your character have any particular views on the other races? Any that they admire, hate, could care less if they disappeared, wishes they were more like, find more physically appealing, etc?